Shopify is an online store and payment provider that offers a range of services including online store creation, online payments management, and online marketing, as well as point-of-sale equipment including card readers and EPOS systems. Below we take a look at reviews of the company along with the services they offer, how much they cost, and other key things you need to know to help you select the right payment services provider for your business.
Shopify Payment Service Reviews
Below we look at Shopify reviews from a variety of websites. Please keep in mind that these reviews are for all Shopify services and therefore may not fully reflect their individual offerings.
- Trustpilot: 1.3 out of 5 based on 432 reviews.
- Review status: 1.0 out of 5 based on 2 reviews.
- Reviews.co.uk: 4.33 out of 5 based on 21 reviews.
Shopify Payment Services Plans, Packages, and Pricing
Shopify offers merchant accounts and online payments that include:
- It comes with all Shopify accounts
- Accept credit cards and other popular payment methods
- PCI compliant and supports 3D secure checkouts
- Track your orders and payments
- Set pricing plans
- Offers a 14-day free trial
They offer three online payment plans which are:
1. Shopify Basic Plan:
- $29 per month
- Online credit card rates are 2.2% + £0.20
- Personal credit card rates are 1.7% + £0
2. Shopify plan:
- $79 per month
- Online credit card rates are 1.9% + £0.20
- Personal credit card rates are 1.6% + £0
3. Shopify Advanced Plan:
- $299 per month
- Online credit card rates are 1.6% + £0.20
- Personal credit card rates are 1.5% + £0
Card machines and point-of-sale systems
Shopify offers card machines and point-of-sale systems that include:
- The ability to instantly connect point-of-sale hardware, software, and payments
- Accept payments anywhere with wireless devices
- Low rates for credit cards
- Offers a range of compatible devices including barcode scanners, printers, and more
- There are no registration or setup fees
- Accept common payment methods
- Integration with online sales
They offer two POS plans which are:
Shopify POS Lite Plan
- Included with all Shopify plans
- Start at 1.5% + £0
- Includes hardware accessories and mobile POS
Shopify POS Pro plan
- $89 per month per site in addition to your Shopify plan
- This is included in the Shopify Plus plan
The features included in the above plans vary.
Plans, packages and pricing notes were all accurate at the time of publication but may have changed since then. Please check the Shopify website for the latest information.
Shopify was founded in 2006 by a company that couldn’t find the right eCommerce solution, so it created its own. Since then it has grown exponentially and now supports over 1.7 million businesses around the world on its integrated commerce platform.
Shopify aims to make it easier for independent businesses to start, run, or grow. They aim to invest in the future and therefore want to be sustainable in their business through a sustainability fund and social impact initiatives to reduce their impact on the environment.
They offer an online store builder that has built-in payment capabilities to allow businesses to start selling online quickly and easily. Shopify Payments also offer in-store payment solutions that can be integrated with online payments which include the ability to accept mobile payments and payments on the go. They also offer a range of compatible devices including barcode scanners, printers, and more.
Switch to Shopify
If you want to join Shopify you can start a free trial by registering your details on their website and creating your very own Shopify store. If you would like to inquire about POS systems, you can complete an online inquiry form and they will contact you within 24 hours.
To set up Shopify Payments, you must have a Shopify store. If you have a store, you can log into your store to set up payments, as they include payments as standard as part of your account and you just need to turn them on.
Additional Shopify Business Services
Shopify offers business sales support services that also include:
- Building site
- Sales and marketing support
Shopify Customer Service and Complaints
You can contact the Shopify customer service team by logging into your Shopify account if you are an existing customer. If you are a new customer, you can complete their contact form.
You can contact Shopify through:
- Complete their contact form
- Online live chat in the Help Center
- Post – 1 Bartholomew Lane, London EC2N 2AX
- Website: https://www.shopify.co.uk/
Shopify Payment Services Pros/Cons
- Easy setup for online payments
- Offers a 14-day trial
- There are no registration or setup fees
- The choice of pricing plans can extend to offline business.
- Poor rating in customer reviews
- You must have a Shopify store to use their online payments